2013 SGNA Regional Presidents
Regional Leadership Conference
Registration for the Regional Leadership Conference is now open! This conference will provide opportunities to network, learn and exchange best practices with your fellow regional leaders. All current and future regional leaders are encouraged to attend. Click here to proceed to registration. Registration closes Friday, October 3, 2014.
Date: Friday, October 31 starting at 12:00 pm to Saturday, November 1 ending at 12:00 pm
Where: Marriott O'Hare, 8535 West Higgins Road, Chicago, IL 60631
Registration details will be announced in mid-August.
Please contact Mollie Corbett with any questions. We look forward to seeing you in October!
The Regional Leadership Conference is generously supported by ERBE USA, Inc.
Regional Leadership Quarterly Webinars
SGNA is excited to continue the Regional Leadership Webinar Series that covers leadership topics identifies by our regional leaders. These one hour webinars are a way to continually provide our regional leaders with information and tools that will help you manage a successful region. Most webinars include one contact hour.
To view previous webinars click here.
Regional Rechartering Memo
Due December 31, 2013
Due February 6, 2014
House of Delegates:
House of Delegates
2014 House of Delegates Resolution Submission Form - Due no later than January 1, 2014
Regional Presidents' Memo Archive
Regional Calendar of Events
SGNA Headquarters' Resources
ANCC Recommendations on Disclosure and Commercial Support
- In providing education for your regional members, it is important to keep the issue of disclosure and commercial support top-of-mind to ensure the integrity of your regional program. There are some key points to remember when coordinating and delivering programs with contact hour approval. These points include but are not limited to: Presentations should give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the continuing nursing education educational material or content includes trade names, when available, trade names from several companies should be used, not just the trade names from a single company.
- The content or format of the educational activity must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an entity with a commercial interest. Vested interests must be disclosed verbally to the participants prior to the start of the educational activity. Financial relationships with an entity with commercial interest may include but is not limited to an individual receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee, honoraria, ownership interest (e.g. stocks, stock options, or other ownership interests, excluding diversified mutual funds), or other financial benefit. Financial relationships in any amount which have occurred within the past 12 months are considered relevant.
- Product promotion material of any type is prohibited during continuing nursing education (CNE). Educational materials that are a part of a CNE, such as abstracts, slides, and handouts, shall not contain any advertising, trade name, or product message.
- For further clarification on these or other issues related to disclosure or commercial support, please contact Cindy Friis.
Regional Society Awards
- 2013 SGNA Regional Society Member of the Year: Betty Angerman, BSN RN CGRN PHN
- 2013 SGNA Regional Society of the Year: Old Dominion SGNA