2012 SGNA Regional Presidents
Regional Leadership Conference
Thank you to all the regional leaders who joined us for the 2012 Regional Leadership Conference! Please check back this Spring for additional details on the 2013 Regional Leadership Conference. We hope to see you there!
The SGNA Regional Leadership Conference is generously supported by Medivators.
Regional Leadership Quarterly Webinars
SGNA is excited to continue the Regional Leadership Webinar Series that covers leadership topics identifies by our regional leaders. These one hour webinars are a way to continually provide our regional leaders with information and tools that will help you manage a successful region. Most webinars include one contact hour.
To view previous webinars click here.
Webinars generously supported by Medivators.
Due December 31, 2012
Due February 6, 2013
Annual Course Information:
House of Delegates
2013 House of Delegates Resolution Submission Form
Regional Calendar of Events
Phyllis Malpas' presentation at the 2011 Regional Leadership Conference:
Mentored and Mentoring: The Odyssey Continues
Regional Presidents Memo:
Fall 2012 Regional Presidents' Memo
Regional Presidents' Memo Archive
ANCC Recommendations on Disclosure and Commercial Support
- In providing education for your regional members, it is important to keep the issue of disclosure and commercial support top-of-mind to ensure the integrity of your regional program. There are some key points to remember when coordinating and delivering programs with contact hour approval. These points include but are not limited to: Presentations should give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the continuing nursing education educational material or content includes trade names, when available, trade names from several companies should be used, not just the trade names from a single company.
- The content or format of the educational activity must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an entity with a commercial interest. Vested interests must be disclosed verbally to the participants prior to the start of the educational activity. Financial relationships with an entity with commercial interest may include but is not limited to an individual receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee, honoraria, ownership interest (e.g. stocks, stock options, or other ownership interests, excluding diversified mutual funds), or other financial benefit. Financial relationships in any amount which have occurred within the past 12 months are considered relevant.
- Product promotion material of any type is prohibited during continuing nursing education (CNE). Educational materials that are a part of a CNE, such as abstracts, slides, and handouts, shall not contain any advertising, trade name, or product message.
- For further clarification on these or other issues related to disclosure or commercial support, please contact Cindy Friis.
Regional Society Awards
- 2011 SGNA Regional Society Member of the Year: Catherine Collins, MBA BSN RN CGRN
- 2011 SGNA Regional Society of the Year: Wisconsin SGNA
SGNA Headquarters' Resources