SGNA 2020-21 Nomination Form
SGNA is looking for outstanding members to take a leading role in the gastroenterology community by nominating yourself or a peer to serve on the Board of Directors or the Nominations & Elections Committee. Share your knowledge, passion and skills with the SGNA community, while learning from and networking with your colleagues. Please complete and submit this nomination form to SGNA by July 31, 2019.
Download the Nomination Form
Invest in Your Future: Volunteer Today/Nominations Booklet
This nominations booklet includes detailed information on elected positions, requirements and qualifications and the process involved. It is recommended that anyone interested in an elected position carefully reviews this information to be informed.
*Please note that an email address and access to the internet is required, as committee work is most often conducted via email.
House of Delegates Call for Vice-Speaker
Are you interested in pursuing a leadership role within SGNA? If so, you're in luck as 2020 will be an election year for the SGNA House of Delegates Vice-Speaker! The House of Delegates occurs each year at the SGNA Annual Course and is a forum for regional delegates and alternates to present their ideas (in the form of a resolution) to the membership. The Vice-Speaker election will occur at the First House of Delegates meeting during the Annual Course.
- Is familiar with parliamentary procedure according to the House of Delegates Standing Rules and the most current version of Robert's Rules of Order.
- Assists House Speaker in the development of goals and objectives that are consistent with the mission of SGNA.
- Serves as a resource person for Regional Societies in developing resolutions and understands the role of the delegate and alternate.
- Will automatically assume the role of Speaker after completing the Vice-Speaker term.
The Vice-Speaker of the House of Delegates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be a current SGNA member in good standing and have been a member for at least four years.
- Candidates must have previous experience as a Delegate in the House within the last two years.
- Candidates are not eligible if they have previously served on the SGNA Board of Directors.
- Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by other members.
- Candidates must complete a biographical sheet and this must be submitted to the Speaker prior to the House of Delegates.
If you are interested in running for this position, please review the criteria above and contact SGNA Headquarters.
Interested in serving on a committee or task force for the American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN)? Please contact ABCGN Headquarters via phone at: 855/25-ABCGN or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.