SGNA provides relevant, evidence-based education – in a variety of formats – that helps GI professionals at all stages of their career advance their career goals and satisfaction, while improving patient outcomes. And because much of SGNA’s education is eligible for contact hours, you can also use these opportunities to achieve or maintain your certifications while increasing your knowledge.
SGNA education includes:
- eLearning: On-demand webcasts, self-paced virtual courses and past-event session recordings on timely topics in GI nursing. Offerings also include focused content for associates/techs, nurse managers and nurses new to the GI practice.
- Publications: Reference materials such as procedure and curriculum manuals, disinfection guides, charts, pocket guides and similar resources to build knowledge across your unit.
- Practice Documents: View position statements, standards and guidelines created by and for GI nursing professionals on issues directly affecting the practice.
- SGNA Communities: A peer-to-peer virtual knowledge sharing platform of nurses and associates featuring general discussion forums and special interest groups on topics ranging from advanced procedures to research.
- In-person events such as:
- Annual Course: This annual three-day event features 80+ education sessions, plus pre-conference workshops, on topics such as infection prevention, sedation and endoscopic reprocessing.
- Reprocessing Course: All nurses and associates responsible for ensuring endoscope cleaning and disinfection is done safely and effectively will benefit from this hands-on course.
- GI/Endoscopy Nursing Review Course: Prepare for the CGRN certification exam with a two-day course that provides an overview of key areas related to the practice.
- Regional Events: Access in-person education and networking with peers from your geographic region throughout the year.
Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.