SGNA has developed a unique program for new or aspiring nurse managers that combines the power of mentoring with specific educational components. Over a six month period, participants gain knowledge of issues facing nurse managers and how they can leverage their own strengths and styles to be successful while increasing their network of other nursing leaders.
Click here to review the program overview.
Click here to review the program schedule.
- Provide a management development program that provides mentorship, knowledge, skills, exposure and analytical abilities to enhance leadership qualities Increase peer interaction and enable mentees to develop a collaborative network of other like-minded nursing professionals and GI nurse managers
- Connect to senior level professionals/practitioners through panel discussions
- Increase engagement and loyalty to the profession of gastroenterology and endoscopy nursing and SGNA
Criteria for Participating
- Budgeting and Finances
- Staff Development
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Critical Thinking
- Current member of SGNA (member at the time of January session
- Registered Nurse
- Current or aspiring nurse leader
- Ability to travel to Chicago for in-person meeting
- Ability to attend all virtual sessions
Applications are due by December 11, 2016.
Photos from Past Classes