Slides from the 2017 Leadership Conference are now available.
Applying for Contact Hours
Hosting A Regional Conference: What You Need to Know
Tips and Tools to Help You Manage Your Regional Finances
House of Delegates
Leading by Example: Building a Stronger Team
Let's Get Social! Overview of Social Media
Regional Rechartering Memo
Due December 31, 2017
House of Delegates:
House of Delegates
Value Proposition Workshop
Regional Marketing Toolkits - NEW
Regional Calendar of Events
SGNA Headquarters' Resources
Membership Marketing Timeline
Mid-Year Membership Resources
Membership PowerPoint slides
Email or Letter Template
New Member Engagement Resources:
Webinar Notes and Q & A
New Member Welcome template
ANCC Recommendations on Disclosure and Commercial Support
- In providing education for your regional members, it is important to keep the issue of disclosure and commercial support top-of-mind to ensure the integrity of your regional program. There are some key points to remember when coordinating and delivering programs with contact hour approval. These points include but are not limited to: Presentations should give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the continuing nursing education educational material or content includes trade names, when available, trade names from several companies should be used, not just the trade names from a single company.
- The content or format of the educational activity must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an entity with a commercial interest. Vested interests must be disclosed verbally to the participants prior to the start of the educational activity. Financial relationships with an entity with commercial interest may include but is not limited to an individual receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee, honoraria, ownership interest (e.g. stocks, stock options, or other ownership interests, excluding diversified mutual funds), or other financial benefit. Financial relationships in any amount which have occurred within the past 12 months are considered relevant.
- Product promotion material of any type is prohibited during continuing nursing education (CNE). Educational materials that are a part of a CNE, such as abstracts, slides, and handouts, shall not contain any advertising, trade name, or product message.
- For further clarification on these or other issues related to disclosure or commercial support, please contact Cindy Friis.
Regional Society Awards
- 2016 SGNA Regional Society Member of the Year: Kathy Vinci, DIPL, RNC, CGRN
- 2016 SGNA Regional Society of the Year: Indiana SGNA