Regional Leadership Conference
Thanks to everyone who joined us at the 2015 Leadership Conference! The date of the 2016 Leadership Conference will be announced in early 2016. We hope to see you there!
The Regional Leadership Conference is generously supported by ERBE USA, Inc.
Regional Rechartering Memo
Due December 31, 2015
Due February 6, 2016
House of Delegates:
House of Delegates
2016 House of Delegates Resolution Submission Form - Due no later than January 1, 2016
Regional Marketing Toolkits - NEW
Regional Calendar of Events
SGNA Headquarters' Resources
ANCC Recommendations on Disclosure and Commercial Support
- In providing education for your regional members, it is important to keep the issue of disclosure and commercial support top-of-mind to ensure the integrity of your regional program. There are some key points to remember when coordinating and delivering programs with contact hour approval. These points include but are not limited to: Presentations should give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the continuing nursing education educational material or content includes trade names, when available, trade names from several companies should be used, not just the trade names from a single company.
- The content or format of the educational activity must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an entity with a commercial interest. Vested interests must be disclosed verbally to the participants prior to the start of the educational activity. Financial relationships with an entity with commercial interest may include but is not limited to an individual receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee, honoraria, ownership interest (e.g. stocks, stock options, or other ownership interests, excluding diversified mutual funds), or other financial benefit. Financial relationships in any amount which have occurred within the past 12 months are considered relevant.
- Product promotion material of any type is prohibited during continuing nursing education (CNE). Educational materials that are a part of a CNE, such as abstracts, slides, and handouts, shall not contain any advertising, trade name, or product message.
- For further clarification on these or other issues related to disclosure or commercial support, please contact Cindy Friis.
Regional Society Awards
- 2015 SGNA Regional Society Member of the Year: Eileen Babb, BSN RN CGRN CFER
- 2015 SGNA Regional Society of the Year: Connecticut SGNA