This course is for the nurse manager in the GI setting who is responsible for ensuring that the cleaning and disinfection of endoscopes is done safely and effectively! Technician participation is also highly encouraged, as the session will offer the hands-on opportunity to practice the reprocessing steps.
The purpose of this course is to offer tools to:
- Encourage the use of SGNA endoscope cleaning standards and practices in their facilities.
- Utilize SGNA Standards and Guidelines to teach attendees how to clean and disinfect endoscopes.
- Review reprocessing procedure through hands-on practice.
SGNA will be offering the Train the Trainer Course at the following times in 2014.
- January 25, 2014, Downers Grove, IL - Pre-registration is now closed *
- This course has been generously supported by Medivators
- May 3, 2014, Nashville, TN (41st Annual Course) - Registration done through Annual Course registration
* If you are a non-member with expired login information, a non-member with no previous purchasing history with SGNA or cannot remember your login/password, please contact SGNA.
Member - $145
Non-member - $215
Upcoming Course Details:
The January 25, 2014 Train the Trainer Course will be held at the ASGE Institute for Training and Technology:
3300 Woodcreek Drive
Downers Grove, IL 60515
There are several hotel options near the ASGE IT&T Facility in Downer's GrSaint Francis Hospital. Please call the hotel directly to make your reservations.
DoubleTree Suites by HIlton Chciago - Downers Grove
2111 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Phone: 800.222.8733 (request the ASGE Corporate Rate)
Book your reservation online!
The DoubleTree Suites by HIlton Chciago - Downers Grove Hotel will offer a shuttle to and from the ASGE IT&T Facility. Please check with the front desk upon your arrival for shuttle times.
Transportation To/From the Airport
Pre-book your taxi to and from the airport with American Taxi Dispatch, Inc. For more information on booking through American Taxi Dispatch, Inc., please contact Emily Keller.
Program Agenda (8 am - 4:30 pm):
- Welcome; Introductions and Purpose of program
- Networking exercise
- Review of Train the Trainer manual resources and SGNA reprocessing and disinfection statements and guidelines
- Discuss additional resources for information on endoscope reprocessing
- Discuss Competency Checklist
- Observe a master demonstration of the reprocessing procedure
- Demonstrate the reprocessing procedure
- Describe adult learning principles and barriers to learning
- Identify strategies to implement the endoscope reprocessing competency
- Questions/answer period
- Conclusion and evaluations
Participants in the course will earn 7.25 contact hours (GI-specific).
A light breakfast and lunch will be provided to all attendees.
All requests for refunds must be received in writing no later than January 17, 2014 and will be subject to a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be processed after that date. No refunds will be issued for missed sessions, including sessions missed due to travel delays.